[Rasch] (no subject)

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 16:54:31 EST 2011

Dear All,

A self-administered "Computer Laboratory Usability Questionnaire" consists of 43 five-point ordinal scale items (1=strongly disagree to 4 strongly agree).  The instrument, moreover, consists of six factors with the following number of items: 3, 3, 4, 7, 12, and 15.  The questionnaire was developed using CTT.

My Concerns:

1) Now, I want to re-validate the instrument using Rasch Model.  My sample now is already more than 3000.  The samples are students who rated six different computer laboratories (LAB1, LAB2....LAB6).  Shall I use only sample from one LAB?

2. Can I do the Rasch analysis for the 43 items as if unidimensional?  Then, do an EFA using the resulting measures?

Your comments are highly solicited.

Thank you.