[Rasch] Rasch analysis then EFA

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 16:57:04 EST 2011

Opps!! I forgot to indicate the subject.

Dear All,

A self-administered "Computer Laboratory Usability Questionnaire" consists of 43 five-point ordinal scale items (1=strongly disagree to 4 strongly agree).  The instrument, moreover, consists of six factors with the following number of items: 3, 3, 4, 7, 12, and 15.  The questionnaire was developed using CTT.

My Concerns:

1) Now, I want to re-validate the instrument using Rasch Model.  My sample now is already more than 3000.  The samples are students who rated six different computer laboratories (LAB1, LAB2....LAB6).  Shall I use only sample from one LAB?

2. Can I do the Rasch analysis for the 43 items as if unidimensional?  Then, do an EFA using the resulting measures?  The EFA will be used to check if the items are really loaded to the expected factor.

Your comments are highly solicited.

Thank you.