[Rasch] Facets feature or bug?

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Mon Apr 2 16:19:57 EST 2012

Jason:

You are using a "minimum effort" judging plan.
1. Each students answers several questions.
2. Each question is rated once
3. Each question for each student is rated by a different rater.

The result is a "crossed" (=connected) design. There is no nesting.

Facets (or any other Rasch analysis) can estimate the Rasch measures of all
the students, questions and raters unambiguously in one frame of reference.

This is also shown at http://www.rasch.org/rn3.htm Figure A.8 and
elsewhere. And thank you, Trevor :-)

OK?

Mike L.

At 4/2/2012, you wrote:
>I am running a "typical" scenario where I have markers who mark the
>but only individual questions. We do NOT have double marking. So, lets say
>that we have 1000 students, each one responding to 10 questions. In
>effect, we have 10.000 responses. Lets say that each one of the 10.000

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT: 25:4 Spring 2012