[Rasch] psychometrician needed in MIlan, Italy

l.tesio at auxologico.it l.tesio at auxologico.it
Sun Apr 29 23:21:53 EST 2012

> *Psychometrician needed*
>
> The Istituto Auxologico Italiano (IAI), IRCCS (national health care
> research institute) is offering a position to a
>
> *
> JUNIOR or SENIOR PSYCHOMETRICIAN*
>

> The main location is in Milan-Italy. A full-time 1-yr contract is
> proposed, within a perspective of a longer employment. Salary and
> contract will be tailored on the candidate standing.
>
> The IAI is a leading research hospital in Milan, with several sites in
> Lombardia and Piemonte regions. It is affiliated with the Università
> degli Studi di Milano. The IAI runs a Department of
> Neurorehabilitation Sciences inclusive of 45 sub-acute inpatient beds
> and research laboratories (www.auxologico.it). The mainstreams of
> research concern motor control, gait and balance and outcome
> assessment in rehabilitation.Two main statistical approaches are
> presently implemented, i.e. Rasch analysis and CART-Classification and
> Regression Trees
>

> For a glance on the Labs and research production see
>
> http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-1083-2008
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6519056/link to IAI Labs.html
> <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6519056/link%20to%20IAI%20Labs.html>
>

> The candidate will collaborate to the development of national and
> international research projects in the field of rehabilitation and
> epidemiology of disability run or supported by the Institute. This
> psychometric area of research in rehabilitationis rapidly expanding.
> The main working site is in Milan-Italy, San Luca Hospital, via
> Mercalli 32, Polo di Neuroriabilitazione.
>

> The growing psychometric research team presently includes the Director
> (prof. Luigi Tesio, MD), a junior statistician and a bio-engineer,
> PhD. Research is partly conducted on in- and out-patients served by
> the IAI, partly in collaboration with Universities, Hospitals,
> Charities and governmental agencies.
>
> *Minimal CV requirements*
>
> *
> **Language*: English or French (Italian optional)
>
> *Education: M.SCI, or Ph.D.*in statistics or mathematics or
> behavioural sciences (e.g. Psychology, Education, Sociology).
> *Robust experience in statistical work. *
>
> *
> Specific skills:*

Traditional Test Theory and Rasch models applied to scaling based on
questionnaires; differential item functioning
             (DIF), test form equating, many-facets Rasch modelling,
performance/task-based assessments, standard setting, validity
     studies and building of unidimensional scales; case-mix
classification.