[Rasch] Post-hoc adjustment for interactions in Facets

Wind, Stefanie Anne stefanie.wind at emory.edu
Sun Aug 5 00:56:26 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been looking at some interactions in Facets, and was recently challenged about the use of the t-statistics to show significance. If I'm using the t-statistics from the bias/interaction report, is it appropriate to do a post-hoc adjustment to avoid Type II error?

My analysis was testing the null hypothesis that rater severity does not vary over two types of items. A significant interaction would seem to suggest that rater interpretation of the construct is not invariant across item types.

Thanks for your help!
Stefanie

prohibited.