[Rasch] Removal of Participants

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 20:59:21 EST 2012

Dear all,

I have a large sample size of n=3798 persons to Rasch analyze a survey instrument of 14 items (with 4-point ordinal response options.).  Using Winsteps, I noticed that the person measures ranged from -12.16 to 7.16 logits.  I noticed further that around 500 persons with logits/measures of  greater than 7.0 have outfit and infit mean squares of zero..Many persons (around 800) have outfit and infit mean squares outside the 0.5 to1.5 range.  Is it a good practice to remove or exclude the persons from the analysis those with zero outfit and infit mean squares?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thank you.