[Rasch] ORVOMS Call for Presentations

Kenny Royal kdroya2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 01:49:17 EST 2012

Dear Rasch colleagues, I was asked to forward the following Call for Presentations:

Ohio River Valley Objective Measurement Seminar
Call for Presentations
May 18th, 2012
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY
The second annual Ohio River Valley Objective Measurement Seminar (ORVOMS) is scheduled to take place on May the 18th, 2012 at the University of Kentucky. This year’s Keynote Speaker will be Richard Smith, Ph.D., from Data Recognition Corporation who also serves as the editor for the Journal of Applied Measurement (JAM).
At this time, we would like to solicit presentations for consideration to be included in the program. To be accepted, the research should be about the Rasch Model or an application of the Rasch Model to a particular problem. In the past, research has been from the arenas of certification testing, educational testing, health survey development, and scale development for use in criminology. We hope to see Rasch model applications from even more areas this year.
At the time of submission, we would like the research to be either completed or far enough along to present the findings. Submissions should include an abstract of approximately 200 words summarizing your research question, why the study is important, and some results. A paper is not required. In order to be considered for inclusion, please submit your proposal by February 28th 2012 to Brad Schulte at bschulte at theabfm.org.
We look forward to your submissions and hope that you will be able to participate. Even if you do not wish to present, please come and see what your colleagues are up to, catch up with old friends, and perhaps make some new ones! We anticipate an interesting and collegial meeting.