[Rasch] item pools

Fidelman, Carolyn Carolyn.Fidelman at ed.gov
Sat Jan 28 02:14:25 EST 2012

Hi Dan!

For children in Grades K, 1, 3, 5, 8 you can obtain item level data from the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study at

http://nces.ed.gov/ecls/

The n is around 20,000.

What is available publicly already has IRT theta scores for math and you can just download that directly.  However, to get item level data you have to make a request at ecls at ed.gov<mailto:ecls at ed.gov> or use the directions at
http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/licenses.asp

Best of luck on this research!

Carolyn

Carolyn G. Fidelman, Ph.D.
Early Childhood and Household Studies, ECICSD, NCES
Rm 9035, 1990 K St. NW | 202-502-7312 | carolyn.fidelman at ed.gov<mailto:carolyn.fidelman at ed.gov>