[Rasch] FW: Auto-discard notification

Stephanou, Andrew Stephanou at acer.edu.au
Sat Jan 28 04:48:55 EST 2012

Sent to the list on behalf of Theo Dawson due to technical problems

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but within the next 18 months DiscoTest will have pre and post data for over 1000 students in grades 4-12, with many thousands to follow. The raw data are written responses, which have been scored with a new low-inference rubric system in which each selection on a given rubric represents a highly specified way of thinking about a specific topic. Each rubric selection is located in a specific position on a general developmental scale.

The highest scores on these rubrics are used to calculate a developmental score. But there is a more complex story to tell about student performance, because taken together, rubric scores tell a rich story about how a given student understands and operates on knowledge in the area targeted by the assessment. We are interested in modeling this complexity.

We will be interested in developing partnerships with professors who work with graduate students who may be interested in:

- developing score algorithms
- testing rubrics
- modeling patterns in performance in various groups of students
- publishing their work

DiscoTests are produced by a nonprofit organization that provides free online assessments and learning resources to teachers and students.