[Rasch] EDUG or FACETS for the Generalizability analysis?

Mike Linacre rmt at rasch.org
Thu Jul 5 03:10:46 EST 2012

Thank you for your question, Mohammad.

EDUG and FACETS have different purposes. EDUG performs a Generalizability
Theory analysis. Facets performs a Rasch Measurement analysis. These two
analyses are different, and produce different results.

Generalizability Theory conducts a Generalizability Study in which it
computes the variance terms in the raw scores. These variance terms can be
used to optimize a Decision Study.

Rasch Measurement constructs additive measures based on the raw scores.
These measures are adjusted for rater leniency, item difficulty, etc.

Please see http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt151s.htm for a comprehensive
comparison of the two methodologies.

OK?

Mike L.

At 7/4/2012, you wrote:
>If you want to analyze the generalizability of a test, do you prefer to
>use EDUG Software program or the FACETS Program? Is there any difference
>in the results of our generalizability study using either software?

Mike Linacre
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT: 25:4 Spring 2012