[Rasch] EDUG or FACETS for the Generalizability analysis?

Mohamad Imanian mohamad_imanian at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 07:06:38 EST 2012

Dear Mike,
I just wanted to be sure that WINSTEP or FACETS would not have the capacity for doing generalizability studies as well as other known functionalities in Rasch Measuement. I knew that GENOVA, SAS, and EDUG could be used for generalizability analysis but I thought WINSTEP and FACETS might have such a componenet.
Thanks for your caring,
Best
Mohamad Imanian

>________________________________

Theory analysis. Facets performs a Rasch Measurement analysis. These two
analyses are different, and produce different results.

>Generalizability Theory conducts a Generalizability Study in which it
computes the variance terms in the raw scores. These variance terms can
be used to optimize a Decision Study.

>Rasch Measurement constructs additive measures based on the raw scores.
These measures are adjusted for rater leniency, item difficulty,
etc.

>Please see
http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt151s.htm
for a comprehensive comparison of the two methodologies.