[Rasch] sufficient statistic

Betemps, Elizabeth (betempej) BETEMPEJ at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Mon Jul 16 10:55:41 EST 2012

Help -
I've been reading the psychometric literature associated with psychiatric
rating scales and have come across the following statement:

"By use of item response theory models (Rasch analysis) we have shown
that the antipsychotic subscale of BPRS is a unidimensional measure of
antipsychotic activity, ie.e. the total score is a sufficient statistic."

I'm currently far away from the univl. library and cannot locate the
references sited online.  The references are from 1988 and 1989.

What in Rasch analysis allows one to claim the total score is a
'sufficient statistic'?

any insight would be appreciated.