[Rasch] c-parameter

Purya Baghaei puryabaghaei at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:45:20 EST 2012

What I found exciting was that the paper says:

"...the c-parameter of 3PLM should not be interpreted as a guessing
parameter. This study found logical, empirical evidence showing that
neither the a-, b-, or c parameters of 3PLM can accurately reflect the
discrimination, difficulty, and guessing properties of an item,
respectively".

I read of of problems associated with IRT, but didn't know they were so serious.

Purya