[Rasch] Rsch and CFA

Swank, Paul R Paul.R.Swank at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jun 13 02:02:53 EST 2012

I would say that, 1 there is error in the Rasch model in terms of the discrepancy between what the model predicts and the actual response; 2) no model can prove that the response is caused by the latent variable. All latent variables are inferred; and 3), there is a factor analytic measurement model. See Raykov & Marcoulides, Introduction to psychometric Theory. Mplus does a one or two parameter model (depending on how you specify it) in CFA when you specify the items as discretely but ordered.

Paul R. Swank, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Medical School
Adjunct Professor, Health Promotions and Behavioral Sciences
School of Public Health
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston