[Rasch] Rsch and CFA

David Andrich david.andrich at uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 12:11:57 EST 2012

Anthony. Regarding point 1 of your question, have a look at
Andrich, D. (1978). Relationships between the Thurstone and Rasch approaches to item scaling. Applied Psychological Measurement,  2 (2), 449-460.
You will see how the error can be seen from a CTT perspective in the probabilistic response.
David

David Andrich, BSc MEd W.Aust., PhD Chic, FASSA
Chapple Professor
david.andrich at uwa.edu.au<mailto:david.andrich at uwa.edu.au>

Graduate School of Education
The University of Western Australia
M428, 35 Stirling Highway,
Crawley,
Western Australia , 6009
AUSTRALIA

Telephone: +61 8 6488 1085
Fax: +61 8 6488 1052
www.gse.uwa.edu.au
CRICOS Code: 00126G
Pearson Psychometric Laboratory<blocked::http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/ppl>
http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/ppl/courses<blocked::http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/ppl/courses>
http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/raschconference
www.matildabayclub.net<http://www.matildabayclub.net>
size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>