[Rasch] current issues of research in psychometrics?

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 14:54:21 EST 2012

Dear Dr. Linacre,

I guess what is the current issue in Education, psychology, and sociology  is to measure individual growth while we consider group as well. This is not possible in CTT, especially factor analysis. Individual based statistics is what researchers are interested in. Something that we can infer meaning, we can generalize a concept based on...

There are many recent concepts like

1) chaos complexity theory
2) Dynamic System
3) Vygotsky's Zone of proximal development
4) Activity theory of Engstrom
5) Bakhtin's socio historical perspective
6) Vanlier's ecological perspective

in all we need individual based statistics while group should be considered as a norm for referring to.

Best
Parisa

Parisa Daftarifard
Phd candidate of TEFL