[Rasch] Rasch vc CFA

Tom Conner connert at msu.edu
Sat Sep 29 00:00:29 EST 2012

Lasonas,

I have data from a survey of relatives of persons in long term care and
a prediction model for extent of known abuse of the persons in care.  I
did a regular SEM with the data using CFA and the model would not
converge.  Using Rash as the measurement model the structural model fit
very very well.  I give you this example to illustrate the point that
you can get very different SEM results depending on which measurement
model you use.  Thus it is more than satisfying an editor.  There are
epistimological issues.

Tom