[Rasch] Question about difficulty and ability parameters in item response theory

Mike Linacre mike at winsteps.com
Wed Aug 14 19:06:31 EST 2013

Fatemeh Khalesi:

A formula for estimating item discrimination is shown in
http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt181b.htm

Ranking students is usually based on their person ability estimate
(theta). See Mark Moulton's spreadsheet for the Rasch Model.

2-PL IRT estimation is more complicated. There are free R Statistics
procedures available, see
http://statmath.wu.ac.at/research/talks/resources/PresIRT.pdf

Mike L.