[Rasch] AERA Rasch Measurement SIG - Call for Nominations

Stephanou, Andrew Andrew.Stephanou at acer.edu.au
Sat Dec 7 10:04:57 EST 2013

Sent to the Rasch listserv on behalf of Tim O’Neil  [tim.oneil at pearson.com]

Dear Rasch colleagues,

We are actively seeking nominations for three officers to the Rasch Measurement Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association.  Eligibility is open to any SIG member in good standing with both AERA and the SIG.  If you are not currently a member of AERA, we encourage you to consider joining (please see http://www.raschsig.org/ for information on the SIG with links to AERA; also take a look at the most recent release of our publication: Rasch Measurement Transactions, http://www.rasch.org/rmt/contents.htm orhttp://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt273.pdf).

As noted, we are seeking nominations for AERA Rasch Measurement SIG Chair, Secretary, andTreasurer.  Term length for these AERA SIG officers is two years and begins the day following the close of the AERA Annual Meeting. Please note that no nominations should be put forth without the consent of the nominee.  The following offers a short description of responsibilities for each officer:

1)      Chair: The Chair is responsible for the general administration of the SIG, for ensuring that the SIG Bylaws are followed, and acts as liaison between the SIG and AERA and the SIG and the SIG Executive Committee. The Chair presides at all meetings of the SIG’s Executive Committee and at the Annual Business Meeting. The Chair acts as parliamentarian or appoints a SIG member to serve in that role for each meeting. The Chair appoints ad hoc committees as and appoints persons to assist the officers as needed in carrying out the work of the SIG.

2)      Secretary: Shall be responsible for managing any official correspondence and meeting minutes of the Rasch SIG. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the Rasch SIG website, or appointing an appropriate representative as need.

3)      Treasurer: Shall be responsible for managing and reporting on the financial accounts of the Rasch SIG and the safe keeping of all financial documents of the Rasch SIG.

I should also point out that the timing on these nominations is very quick (need to submit by December 15th).  The election process commences shortly thereafter, with a starting date not until April 2014.

If you are interested in being nominated or have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at tim.oneil at pearson.com<mailto:tim.oneil at pearson.com>.

Regards,

Tim O’Neil
AERA Rasch Measurement SIG Chair