[Rasch] FW: Position: Associate Psychometrician @ Capella University
Kulas, John T.
jtkulas at stcloudstate.edu
Fri Feb 8 02:53:07 EST 2013
Hi list -
This position posting was recently forwarded to me.
I have no association with Capella but it appears to be something that may interest list members.
Associate Phsychometrician & Job ID #12744
The Associate Psychometrician is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining competency and learning outcome measurement models. At Capella, faculty judge learner demonstrations of competencies and learning outcome using criterion-referenced scoring guides through every course assignment. These judgments establish very large data sets for informing learners about their academic success and faculty about their program's effectiveness. The role reports to the Associate Director of Assessment and Learning Analytics.
Specifically, the scope of this work includes, but is not limited to:
* Establish and optimize psychometric measurement models of performance-based assessments.
* Independently oversee scoring algorithms to maintain and improve established service level agreements.
* Clean large data sets and identify quality threats.
* Conduct item analysis and meta-evaluations to identify improvement opportunities for the assessment system.
* Analyze and propose solutions to new measurement problems.
* Collaborate with faculty leadership, research analysts, curriculum specialists, instructional designers, and assessment specialists to improve curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices.
* At least a master's degree in educational or psychological measurement and statistics, educational psychology, or a closely related field is required.
* At least one year of experience in educational measurement, applied statistics, or large-scale data analysis.
* Experience with analytic software packages (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, HLM, BILOG, LOGIST, WINSTEPS, RUMM, Mplus, NMLE, LISREL, and/or PARSCALE)
* Expertise and deep philosophical grounding in fundamental measurement, classical test theory, item response theory, and conjoint measurement.
* Experience applying and interpreting various psychometric methods, especially conjoint measurement, Rasch models, partial credit models, differential item functioning, many-facets models, scaling, standard setting, validity studies, and item calibration.
* Well organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize the work of multiple projects to meet deadlines.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in working with sensitive and personal information.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical findings and their implications to multiple stakeholders.
To apply: http://www.capellaeducation.com/capella_careers/capella_careers_index.aspx.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our employees; which include a competitive medical coverage plan, dental coverage, as well as different levels of disability coverage. In addition, we offer a great 401K program, paid time off, and all fulltime employees are eligible to take Capella University classes at no charge.
We are honored to be named one of the Best Places to Work in 2008, 2009, and 2010 by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.Founded in 1993 Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's,master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork.
From: Grann, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Grann at capella.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:10 PM
To: Kulas, John T.
Subject: Position: Associate Psychometrician @ Capella University
We have not met, but I noticed your St. Cloud bio and thought you may be able to help with my search to fill a local psychometrician position. I've attached the job posting and would appreciate your help promoting it with potential candidates. I think this is going to be a great opportunity for someone and hope to attract some top talent.
Jeff D. Grann, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Assessment & Learning Analytics
Academic Quality Analytics and Accreditation
Direct Line: 612-977-4130
Toll Free: 1-888-CAPELLA ext. 4130
E-mail: jeff.grann at capella.edu<mailto:jeff.grann at capella.edu>
225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Check this out! www.capellaresults.com<http://www.capellaresults.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Rasch