[Rasch] Reliability of assessments run in circuits

Imogene Rothnie irothnie at usyd.edu.au
Fri Feb 22 12:13:10 EST 2013

Dear All,

I have run a FACETS analysis on an assessment where candidates perform 5 tasks out of a pool of 33 tasks. The 33 tasks are organized into 24 circuits of 5 items, all sharing a common anchor item.
There isn't much spread of difficulty between the tasks, and they are all actually fairly similar, and so the average difficulty of each circuit does not vary by any significant amount (important).

HOWEVER, I am trying to ascertain the reliability of the assessment, per circuit, as these are the scores we rank candidates on, not the reliability reported for the 33 items overall as a facet of measurement .

I have included 'circuit' as a group anchor dummy facet, so am assuming the reported (sample) reliability of 0.96 is not to be interpreted as , say, a Cronbach's alpha like we might do for other facets.  Does anyone know how I might be able to calculate or find output in FACETS that can reveal reliability of the assessment, for the candidate experience of 5 items?

Thanks

Imogene