[Rasch] evidence of validity?

shirin shirazi shirin.shirazi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:53:12 EST 2013

Dear List members,

Happy New Year to all wishing you the best.

I have a question and I would appreciate if you could help me.

Does information we get about unidimensionality of our construct by using
Winsteps interpreting infit values or item map (especially to support the
construct validity of a test or questionnaire), we can also obtain through
running Facets and instead interpret the information generated in a table
called Category Statistics? Are both needed to substantiate validity? or
perhaps both provide the same information we need?

Your responses are highly appreciated

Shirin