[Rasch] evidence of validity?

Ev Smith evsmith at uic.edu
Thu Jan 3 07:35:38 EST 2013

All this is addressed in:

Wolfe, E.W., & Smith, Jr., E.V. (2007). Instrument development tools and
activities

for measure validation using Rasch models: Part I - Instrument
Development Tools. /Journal of Applied Measurement, 8, /97-123.

Wolfe, E.W., & Smith, Jr., E.V. (2007). Instrument development tools and
activities

for measure validation using Rasch models: Part II - Validation
Activities. /Journal of Applied Measurement, 8,/204-233.

Ev
On 1/2/2013 12:53 PM, shirin shirazi wrote:
> Dear List members,
>
> Happy New Year to all wishing you the best.
>
> I have a question and I would appreciate if you could help me.
>
> Does information we get about unidimensionality of our construct by
> using Winsteps interpreting infit values or item map (especially to
> support the construct validity of a test or questionnaire), we can
> also obtain through running Facets and instead interpret the
> information generated in a table called Category Statistics? Are both
> needed to substantiate validity? or perhaps both provide the same
> information we need?
>

> Your responses are highly appreciated
>

> Shirin

Everett Smith, Ph.D.

Professor, Educational Psychology

Director, Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics, and Assessment Lab

Visit the online MEd in MESA
<http://www.uic.edu/scs/education/degree/online-mesa/>

Friend the UIC MESA group on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/uicepsymesa>

Join the UIC MESA group on Linkedin