[Rasch] evidence of validity?

Bond, Trevor trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Thu Jan 3 08:03:06 EST 2013

Dear Shirin,
Validity is argument, not a statistic, or any group of statistics.
It starts with some theory driven (optimally) description about the underlying latent trait, and examines empirical statistical evidence against theoretical expectations.
"If you want to get ahead, get a theory." Bärbel Inhelder.
Best wishes to all colleagues for 2013
TGB

Sent from 007's iPad