[Rasch] evidence of validity?

shirin shirazi shirin.shirazi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:25:45 EST 2013

Thanks a lot for your answers.

However, I think the question perhaps was not clear enough. Just prior to
administering a test, we consider if the test is theoretically valid
(content validity) or not, then we administer it and in practice we would
like to see whether that test provides further empirical support for items
in particular and the test in general. What I am interested in is that if
the results that we get through Rasch analysis can be used as evidence for
supporting the construct we are measuring through a test. If this doesn't
bring a yes answer, then the what are infit values, or results we get
through Category statistics in Facets used for?

Best,

Shirin