[Rasch] Hierarchical Rasch Modeling

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 9 02:30:14 EST 2013

On 金, 2013-06-07 at 15:55 -0700, Mike Linacre wrote:
> Stuart and folks:
>
> The reviewer seems to be addressing the wrong issue: "it would be more
> efficient ..."
>
> Surely concern should focus on "it would be more accurate ..."
>
> In science in general, the more accurate approach is "one thing at a
> time". This approach is your 3-level approach where findings at each
> level can be verified before the next level is attempted. In the
> combined approach, inaccuracies at the first level are likely to be
> invisible by the third level producing undetectable distortions in the
> findings.

Mike et al., Thanks very much for confirming what I already thought. My
first reaction when I read the reviewer's comment was if you do it all
in one step, there's no way to check intermediate results for errors.

I guess all people (including our reviewer) have their own pet methods.
That's fine, but they don't need to impose them on others. Your (pl)
comments will be very useful when we submit our revised proposal.
Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu <slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu>