[Rasch] Hierarchical Rasch Modeling

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 02:31:21 EST 2013

Hello!
I have been faced to this kind of comments in a review when doing a SEM and HLM analysis of the data coming from PISA 2009. The review was based on the publications by ACER (main responsible of the PISA project), where they use Conquest and Mplus. Instead we used Winsteps, AMOS and HLM 5.0.
We have discussed to the publishers that it is not necessary to do the analysis exactly as ACER did, using those programs if our model was correct and our approach was well based.
The need of plausible values for PISA is related to the fact that they are doing a sample for every nation and they are not interested on every individual person. We have worked with the plausible values and also other values provided by the PISA data set, but this is useful if the purpose of your project is similar to PISA, otherwise I think this is not necessary.
Regards
Agustin Tristan

INSTITUTO DE EVALUACION E INGENIERIA AVANZADA.
Ave. Cordillera Occidental No. 635
Colonia Lomas 4ª San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí.
C.P. 78216 MEXICO
(52) (444) 8 25 50 76 / (52) (444) 8 25 50 77 / (52) (444) 8 25 50 78
Página Web (en español): http://www.ieia.com.mx/
Web page (in English): http://www.ieesa-kalt.com/English/Frames_sp_pro.html