[Rasch] [Semi-OT] How to simulate data with error

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 28 06:34:08 EST 2013

Hello all, this is not directly related to Rasch analysis but I can't
think of a better group of people to put this problem to.

I want to simulate measure data with error; the kind of data you get as
the result of Rasch analysis. I was thinking of generating simulated
measures and standard errors, and then including error by adding to the
generated measures values sampled from a normal distribution with mean
0.0 and standard deviation = the simulated standard errors.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu <slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu>