[Rasch] [Semi-OT] How to simulate data with error

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 28 11:09:57 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-27 at 17:49 -0300, Rense Lange wrote:
> I am not sure I understand. But, I would define some items (i.e.,
> their difficulty parks) and then estimate the student score (I am
> assuming) from there …. So, the procedure is:

Rense, I don't want to generate actual response data, just the measures.
I'm interested in looking at the effect of different amounts of error in
the measures on the results of the analysis. So, I'm thinking I would
add different amounts of random noise to the measures as a way of
introducing varying error. This is a sort of CCT-ish way of thinking but
how else can I include different amounts of error in the measures?

--
Stuart Luppescu <slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu>