[Rasch] Item anchoring/unanchoring in CAT

Mike Linacre mike at winsteps.com
Thu Mar 21 09:48:46 EST 2013

Patrick, in case no one has answered ...

When a CAT test is administered, we require every item to be anchored.
Unanchored items are not informative about the respondent's ability level.

When recalibrating the item bank, items that have large displacements
have their anchored difficulty values updated. For convenience, the
updated item can be banked as a new item. The original item maintains
its old difficulty for retrospective analyses, but is removed from the
active CAT bank.

OK?

Mike L.