[Rasch] Intepreting Rasch-Andrich (or other ) thresholds in checklist scores (NOT likert scales)

Imogene Rothnie irothnie at usyd.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 14:04:45 EST 2013

Dear All,

I have a checklist type assessment where say ANY 9 correct criteria out of 12 would produce the same Rasch measure.  This is opposed to the usual likert scale ratings of performance.
I want to look at the Rasch-Andrich thresholds between checklist scores achieved on each station. Is it valid to view increasing N checklist items correct as interval measurement, or even in the way we would interpret Rasch-Andrich thresholds for a likert scale type item?

Many thanks

Imogene Rothnie