[Rasch] Multidimensional Unfolding Software

Garett Howardson garett.howardson at gmail.com
Thu May 2 02:18:21 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I realize this isn't a Rasch question and so I apologize if it is
inappropriate for the list, but I'm working on my dissertation and am in
uncharted areas. As such, I'm not even sure I know where to start looking
so I thought I'd begin here.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of software that can
implement the multidimensional unfolding model for IRT? I have a set of
dichotomous items that I think conform to a circumplex structure. Drawing
from Mokken et. al (2001), I think I can test this using their IRT-based
model, but it requires Van Schuur's multidimensional unfolding program
(MUDFOLD), which is Windows based. Does anyone know if there is Mac
software that implements MUDFOLD, or even better yet an R program?

I apologize again that isn't specifically a Rasch question, but I'm so far
out of my expertise area that I don't even know where to start looking. I
appreciate any help that anyone may be able to provide.