[Rasch] shift of person parameter scale

Fischer, Felix Felix.Fischer at charite.de
Sat May 4 00:02:31 EST 2013

Dear friends of the Rasch-Model,

I have been told that it is possible to shift item parameters of IRT models in order to achieve a certain distribution of person-estimates for a given sample. Practically I have a graded response model estimated in a larger sample including a representative sample. now, I want to shift the parameters that the distribution of the person estimates of the representative sample is normalized (has mean = 0 and sd = 1). Actually, the distribution is slightly different, eg mean = 0.5 and sd = 1.2.

Is anyone aware how to change the item-parameters? Or is there any reference where I could look up the procedure?

Best, Felix

Dr. rer. nat. Felix Fischer
Diplom-Psychologe
Institut für Sozialmedizin, Epidemiologie und Gesundheitsökonomie
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Luisenstrasse 57
10117 Berlin

Tel: 030 450 529 104