[Rasch] shift of person parameter scale

Rense Lange rense.lange at gmail.com
Sat May 4 10:28:30 EST 2013

Nothing wrong with rescaling person measures using multiplication and addition both - everybody does it. I just wanted to stress that one should not use multiplied item locations directly for equating, etc. (shifts up/down are fine - because person estimates can easily be adjusted).

Intuitively, this is because when the item parms are multiplied non-trivially, the observed (raw) data of the equating sample that you are going to use do NOT naturally come so multiplied (I don't know how one would do this to observations)

Rense