[Rasch] GPCM Reliability Estimate

Mike Linacre mike at winsteps.com
Fri Nov 15 07:33:43 EST 2013

Thank you for your question, Randy.

1) compute the Person Estimates and each of their S.E.s using the GPCM
parameter estimates. Hopefully these are reported by the GPCM software.
2) square and average the person S.E.s = MSE = Error Variance
3) Person "Test" Reliability = True Variance / Observed Variance
= (Observed Variance - Error Variance) / Observed Variance = (Person
S.D.**2 - MSE) / Person S.D.**2

OK?

Mike L.