[Rasch] Rasch analysis of mean scores

Lay Veronika veronika.lay at paraplegie.ch
Mon Sep 2 22:55:28 EST 2013

Dear all,

thanks a lot!
I was just wondering if parts of the Rasch analysis are based on or include the sum score of all items for calculations (e.g. DIF analysis). And as we will not use the sum score to evaluate if a person is more or less able (we will use the mean score) I was not sure if the use of the mean score then might cause problems. But I think Trevor's response already answered my question.

Best,
Veronika