[Rasch] What in Winsteps tells how uni dimensional a fit is?

rsmith rsmith at jampress.org
Wed Sep 4 00:42:51 EST 2013

Actually, Smith and Miao (1994) and Smith (1996) demonstrate that the answer depends on the degree to whifh the two dimensions are correlated and the number of items on each dimension.  When the dimensions are correlated PCA does not work as well and when 80% of the items measure one dimension Rasch fit statistics work better that PCA of raw scores.

Richard M. Smith, Editor
Journal of Applied Measurement
P.O. Box 1283
Maple Grove, MN  55311, USA