[Rasch] Is reliability reliable?

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 02:14:18 EST 2014

Dear Friends, mentors, and colleagues,
I would like to raise a question referring to  my previous question which was based on stunning result on a small sample data and reading through new methodologies in sociocultural camp like measuring dynamicity and growth of different traits in group or individuals.
New articles using dynamic assessment (DA) may frequently report person reliability of zero for construct, as the purpose of DA is to skewed individuals negatively through increasing individuals' Zone of proximal development. Furthermore, Test Low reliability can be ameliorated by having more capable individuals answering questions. Now my question is that is reliability index reliable enough to rely on?
I do apologize if my question sounds novice. But is it possible to say that our interpretation of reliability is relative not fixed? I came across some new articles on DA reporting low reliability as indicator of working model!
Best RegardsParisa

Parisa DaftarifardPhD candidate of TEFLIranFaculty member of IAU (South Tehran Branch)