[Rasch] Question - Probabilistic Information Transfer

Mike Linacre mike at winsteps.com
Fri Feb 21 10:24:00 EST 2014

Trudy,

thank you for sharing the announcement of the book "Probabilistic
Information Transfer" (which I could not find on Amazon.com). the
announcement claims "a new mathematical theory, entirely developed by
SCM". The theory appears to be the Experimental Probabilistic
Hypersurface (EPH).

Section V of
http://icm.mcs.kent.edu/research/RMM/archives/Use_of_EPH_in_epidemiology.pdf
describes EPH. According to my reading of the algebra, this is a process
for predicting a new observation based on a weighted item series, with
normally distributed observations at each previous point of the time series.

The previous observations could be Rasch measures, but otherwise EPH
does not seem to relate to Rasch methodology.

Does anyone have a different understanding of this theory?