[Rasch] IOMW Annoucements: ConQuest, Hotel, Graduate Students

Mark Moulton markhmoulton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 06:46:52 EST 2014

*Respected Rasch Practitioners,*

Some quick announcements regarding
IOMW<https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/iomw-program>
:

*********

*ConQuest Workshop*

We are *thrilled* to announce that ConQuest is now firmly in place in
the Pre-Conference
Workshops <https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/program-workshops>
(*Monday,
March 31, 1-5pm*).  For those who may not be familiar with it, ConQuest is
an *essential* component of the modern psychometrician's toolbox, designed
to implement a wide variety of Rasch-based models, including models for
multidimensional data designs.  If you've ever drawn a blank at the
words "*Multidimensional
Random Coefficient Multinomial Logit model*" (*MRCML, *see Briggs &
Wilson, Multidimensional
Measurement<http://nepc.colorado.edu/publication/an-introduction-multidimensional-measurement-using-rasch-models>),
or had no idea how to run such a thing, this is your chance to get up close
and personal.  The workshop will be conducted by Ronli Diakow and Rebecca
Freund.

At the same time, you will have access to workshops on *RUMM*, *Facets*,
*Winsteps*, and *Damon on Python*.  What's amazing about this four-hour
multi-workshop session is that, once you
register<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/iomw-2014-registration-7117928917?utm_term=attend&invite=MzgwNzAyNy9tYXJraG1vdWx0b25AZ21haWwuY29tLzA%3D&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&ref=enivtefor001>,
you can *sample* each workshop.  Go back and forth between them.  See what
it's like to do Rasch and multidimensional analysis in a Python programming
environment (*Damon on Python* -- that's me!).  Check out how to handle
raters (*Facets*).  Experience the elegance of *RUMM*.  Refresh yourself on
*Winsteps*.  You can just follow along to get the gist or dig in deep with
your laptop to chew up some of the steep software learning curve that is
part of our craft.
Here<https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/program-workshops> is
more information.

*********

*Only 15 Rooms Remaining, **Hilton Garden
Inn*<http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/P/PHLGIGI-JOU-20140331/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG>

As you know, it can be nigh on impossible to get a room when AERA is in
town.  We have managed to negotiate an *excellent* rate with the Hilton
Garden Inn, which is hosting IOMW.  But the low rate expires on *March 8*,
and last I looked we were down to only *15 rooms*.  So if you want a good
deal, *this is it*.  Click on this
link<http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/P/PHLGIGI-JOU-20140331/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG>
and
get yourself a home-base at this comfortable downtown hotel.

*********

*Graduate Student
**Awards*<https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/graduate-students>

IOMW loves graduate students.  Just about all of us in the Rasch world cut
our teeth presenting at IOMW.  Therefore, IOMW is giving two awards this
year worth *$250 apiece*, one for *Best Paper *one for *Travel*.  To apply
for the travel award, just let us know you're interested.
Here<https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/graduate-students> is
more information.

See you in Philly!

Mark Moulton,
*IOMW Conference Committee*

PS: Please accept our apologies if you have received this announcement more
than once.