[Rasch] Health Outcomes Measurement Conference

SURGSTATUM at aol.com SURGSTATUM at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 07:51:56 EST 2014

I agree!

Meaningful Measurement will also provide support.

Donna Surges Tatum, PhD, CAE
3170 N. Sheridan Rd.  #1008
Chicago, Illinois 60657

773.404.6589 Direct
312.286.6227  Mobile

www.meaningfulmeasurement.com
www.ncbac.net

In a message dated 7/1/2014 3:52:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jstenner at lexile.com writes:

MM would  like to support you in this effort with attendance and cash.
Thanks for  taking this on!   Jack

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1,  2014, at 4:16 PM, rsmith <rsmith at jampress.org> wrote:

> Good  Afternoon!
>
> Now that AERA/NCME and IOMW are past, I noticed  that AERA is scheduled
to be in Chicago next April 16 to 20, 2015, for their  annual meeting. Given
this location and the historic role that Chicago has  played in the
development of outcome measurement, it might be a good  opportunity to organize a
health outcomes conference in Chicago around that  time in spring 2015.
Chicago is a very busy convention city and hotel rates  for the three days prior
to AERA are sky high due to the presence of the  Health Information and
Management Systems Society meeting just before AERA.  Fortunately, right after
AERA, there is less pressure on hotel costs, so the  dates of April 21 and 22,
2015 look like the best opportunity to organize a  conference.

> Some of you may remember the three International  Outcome Measurement
Conferences (IOMC) that we held in Chicago back in the  90's (1996, 1998, and
2000). It would be a nice to revive that tradition  again. JAM is willing to
organize the conference. We have contacted a Michigan  Ave. hotel with space
to accommodate a meeting of about 50 people and would  like to reserve that
space, if there is sufficient interest. It is possible to  expand into a
second room if there is sufficient interest.  The cost of  the meeting space
would be modest, about $40 per person for the two days,  without food.

> I would like to think of this as a "state of the  art" conference with
the goal of publishing two issues of JAM from the  presentations at
conference. Presenters would have to agree to provide  publication-ready copy at the
time of the meeting, so begin peer review and  publish the issues in late
2015. Recall that JAM is indexed in PUB MED and  Index Medicus, so the
presentations/articles would be widely available. I  think it would be very fitting
to reconvene IOMC in Chicago in recognition of  the ground breaking work
that began with Ben in Chicago and has grown  world-wide since the 1980's.

> Please feel free to share this  e-mail with any interested colleagues and
please share your thoughts with the  members of the list serve. Volunteers,
who would like to be part of an  organizing committee and develop a call
for papers, should contact me at  editor at jampress.org.

> Richard M. Smith, Editor
> Journal  of Applied Measurement
> P.O. Box 1283