[Rasch] PISA critique in TES - a competition?

Mike Linacre mike at winsteps.com
Mon Sep 29 08:12:36 EST 2014

Yes, Jason.

Are PISA, TIMSS and similar studies really intended to advance education
worldwide or to advance political agendas? If the answer is "political
agendas" then the most politically-acceptable statistical methodologies
are the ones to choose. If the answer is "advance education" then
everyone, including the politicians, should be working towards
discovering and using the most effective statistical methodologies.

According to www.rasch.org/software.htm there are now seven
Rasch-related R modules. They are free. Wonderful! But there are 5,889 R
modules. We will need more Rasch R modules before we make a noticeable
impact.

Mike L.