[Rasch] IOMW Alert: Book your rooms now!

Mark Moulton markhmoulton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 06:57:19 AEDT 2015

Dear Rasch Community,

This is an important message regarding IOMW 2016.  I have learned that
hotel rooms are filling up rapidly in Washington, DC, near the convention
center.  I am quite worried that IOMW participants will find themselves
without a place to stay.  In the past, we reserved a block of rooms for
IOMW participants as part of a hotel deal.  We didn't do that this year.
That means you need to find a place.

So please, get your registration out of the way and book your rooms.  Also,
please email iomwconfcomm at gmail.com to tell us your experience in booking
rooms.  We may be able to pass on important information.

Finally, and this is quite important, try to arrange your trip so that you
can attend the full-day Monday workshop sessions (April 4).  We have an
incredible lineup of workshop talent this year (with new workshops on
jMetrik, Openbugs, and ERMA, as well as the workshops of the past).  We
will also be holding an important and long-overdue panel discussion on the
status and future of measurement software.  The Monday sessions really
should be thought of as part of the IOMW conference proper, and we need you
to be a part of it.

Good luck!

Mark Moulton
IOMW Conference Committee