[Rasch] Plain language articles about DIF interpretation issues?

David Andrich david.andrich at uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 10 10:46:55 AEST 2015

Imogene: These articles might help a bit - they are concerned with the inevitable appearance of artificial DIF in most methods of detecting DIF.
David

Andrich, D., & Hagquist, C. (2012) Real and Artificial Differential Item Functioning. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 37 (9), 387 - 416.

Andrich, D. & Hagquist, C. (2015) Real and Artificial Differential Item Functioning in Polytomous Items. Educational and Psychological Measurement. 75 (2) 185-207.

David Andrich, BSc MEd W.Aust., PhD Chic, FASSA
Chapple Professor david.andrich at uwa.edu.au<mailto:david.andrich at uwa.edu.au>
  Graduate School of Education
The University of Western Australia
M428, 35 Stirling Highway,
Crawley, Western Australia, 6009
AUSTRALIA
Telephone: +61 8 6488 1085;   Fax: +61 8 6488 1052
www.matildabayclub.net<http://www.matildabayclub.net/>
http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/ppl/courses