[Rasch] split half reliability

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 18:40:22 AEST 2015

Thank you Tom

You mean that alpha gives a clearer picture of the test function. The article says (I came across many articles on Dynamic assessment like this)

In this study, three types of number concept achievement
tests (pre-test, parallel test, and post-test) were developed for
each age group. Each test consists of 10 sub-areas with 20
items total (See Table 3).
To make these test items, the face and content validity and
split-half reliability were examined. To establish the content
and face validity, a series of interviews were conducted with a
professor, 5 graduate level students majoring in educational
measurement and evaluation, a kindergarten principal, and 3
kindergarten teachers who have more than 3 years of
experiences. In addition, a pilot test for each test was
conducted to check the appropriateness of hints, item
difficulties, test validities, etc.

Split half revised are reported as below
Pre-test 0.73               and 0.75
Parallel-test 0.82          and  0.63
Post-test 0.78                 and  0.83

The first column is the Split half for 4 year old children and the second column is for 5 years old

Best
Parisa