[Rasch] Ben Wright's passing

Nikolaus nbezruczko at msn.com
Sun Nov 1 02:16:55 AEDT 2015

Dear Rasch measurement colleagues:

I need to inform you of much sadness surrounding Ben Wright.
 Ben died last Sunday evening.  My understanding is Ben's family was
with him, and his passing was peaceful.

While we mourn this loss of a truly remarkable scientist and
philosopher, many of you will also remember Ben as spiritual leader.  He
had an unusual capacity to transcend the routine and mundane, while striking
forth with his beliefs of importance and significance.  With an infectious capacity to inspire and
motivate those around him, Ben led a remarkable life of scientific achievement.  Much that he accomplished remains decades
ahead of the conventional mainstream.
While this loss
concludes the final chapter of Ben's life, a responsibility to continue his
story of science and achievement now falls on us.  It is now our turn to
step forward and take the ideas and concepts that he wielded so famously, and
in a tribute to Ben's inspiration demonstrate their enduring significance.

I have been informed by Ben's family that funeral memorial
services will not be conducted.  Therefore, your occasion for
commemoration must be personal.  Of course, I have extended our
condolences to Ben's family.

With profound sadness,

Nikolaus Bezruczko