[Rasch] Ben Wright's passing

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 07:13:11 AEDT 2015

I have never seen him but learned about his teaching through Dr. Linacre class. May his soul rest in peace.

Best
Parisa

 Subject: [Rasch] Ben Wright's passing
 To: "rasch at acer.edu.au" <rasch at acer.edu.au>, "The Matilda Bay Club" <rasch at wu.ac.at>, "ezra44 at aol.com" <ezra44 at aol.com>, "David 2 Schroeder" <dschroed2 at ameritech.net>, "Ed Bouchard" <ed at edbouchard.com>
 Date: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 6:46 PM

 #yiv4046361711 #yiv4046361711 --
 .yiv4046361711hmmessage P
 {
 margin:0px;padding:0px;}
 #yiv4046361711 body.yiv4046361711hmmessage
 {
 font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}
 #yiv4046361711
 Dear Rasch measurement
 colleagues:

 I need to inform you of much sadness
 surrounding Ben Wright.
  Ben died last Sunday evening.  My understanding is
 Ben's family was
 with him, and his passing was peaceful.

 While we mourn this loss of a truly
 remarkable scientist and
 philosopher, many of you will also remember Ben as spiritual
 leader.  He
 had an unusual capacity to transcend the routine and
 mundane, while striking
 forth with his beliefs of importance and significance.
 With an infectious capacity to inspire and
 motivate those around him, Ben led a remarkable life of
 scientific achievement.  Much that he accomplished remains
 decades
 ahead of the conventional mainstream.
 While this loss
 concludes the final chapter of Ben's life, a
 responsibility to continue his
 story of science and achievement now falls on us.  It is
 now our turn to
 step forward and take the ideas and concepts that he wielded
 so famously, and
 in a tribute to Ben's inspiration demonstrate their
 enduring significance.

 I have been informed by Ben's
 family that funeral memorial
 services will not be conducted.  Therefore, your occasion
 for
 commemoration must be personal.  Of course, I have extended
 our
 condolences to Ben's family.

 With profound sadness,

 Nikolaus Bezruczko