[Rasch] IOMW 2016: Registration and call for papers

Mark Moulton markhmoulton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:13:26 AEDT 2015

*Respected Rasch Colleagues,*

In the wake of Ben Wright's passing, we are pleased to announce that IOMW
2016 is open for registration.  We are issuing a call for papers of the
type that Ben imagined when he helped launch IOMW some 30 years ago.

*When*
Monday, April 4 through Wednesday, April 6, 2016

*Where*
Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church, annex
900 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20001

*Links*
IOMW:  www.iomw.org <https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/home>
Papers:  Call for Papers
<https://sites.google.com/site/iomwpublic/submissions>
Registration:  IOMW 2016 Registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iomw-2016-tickets-7261702949>

*Papers*
You know what *we* want (and what *you* want to deliver):  research and
applications that are foundational, surprising, penetrating, and
practical.  Our session themes revolve around the meaning of objective
measurement and the problem of growth in all dimensions, but mainly we want
to see what you've been working on.

In addition, we are planning a full day of workshops that will include a
community discussion on the data and analysis tools we will need to survive
the measurement demands of the next 20 years -- a topic of great importance
that our community has yet, to my knowledge, to deliberately address.

I want this conference to be one that sets Ben on fire, whatever the
probabilistic space he now inhabits.  Please join us if you can.

Mark Moulton
IOMW Conference Committee