[Rasch] SD or SE and differences in exam attempts

Cheryl Rollins cheryl.rollins at morgan.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:38:32 AEDT 2015

Hello,

This is another article that may be of interest.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Patrick Fisher <pfisher at sportsmeasures.com
> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have a question about a situation I'm examining.
>
> I am looking at some people who have multiple attempts on some high-stakes
> certification exams and looking at performance improvements over previous
> attempts. In considering the magnitude of these differences, which is more
> telling and why: jumps in standard deviation or standard error of
> measurement?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Patrick Fisher

Cheryl Rollins
Institutional Research
Morgan State University
1700 East Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
443-885-4429 office
443-885-8211 fax

*Let us know how we are doing.  Please complete the satisfaction survey at
the link below.*

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZWTH9PS