[Rasch] Sample size?

Shirin Shirazi shirin.shirazi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:31:39 AEST 2015

Dear List Members,

Good day. I have a question and I wonder if you can afford some time to
read and respond. But please take it from a person who does not know the
ropes of MFRM.

 If we assume the model is item and sample independent, then does it matter
if we have a very limited sample size with limited related facets to run
Rasch model? I mean have the minimum and maximum number of facets
(examinees, items, examiners, etc) been determined the violation of which
hinders us from running the program. For example, two raters, 10 testees, a
15-item questionnaire?

I would be mostly appreciative of your kind response to my question.

Shirin Shirazi
PhD in Applied Linguistics